In addition to the annual and follow-up inspection required by NFPA 1403 a more in-depth five year inspection program is required for non-gas-fired fire training structures.
The structural integrity of the live fire training structure shall be evaluated and documented by a licensed professional engineer with live fire training structure experience and expertise, or by another competent professional as determined by the AHJ, at least once every 5 years. Part of the live fire training structure evaluation shall include, at least once every five years, the removal and reinstallation of a representative area of thermal linings (if any) to allow for inspection of the hidden conditions behind the linings. The five year inspection program complies with NFPA 1403 sections 7.2.6 and 7.2.8 and will include the following:
- Complete service carried out by a licensed professional engineer with live fire training structure experience and expertise.
- Visual inspection of the exposed areas of the foundation and slab.
- Visual inspection of the exterior of the tower.
- Visual inspection of all exposed structural elements along with a representative area hidden behind the thermal lining Ð will require removal and reinstallation of materials to allow for conditions hidden behind the linings; does not include replacement costs of removed materials.
- Visual inspection of all thermal linings.
- Visual inspection of all doors and window shutters including hardware.
- Visual inspection of stairs, ladders and fire escapes.
- Recommendations for repairs, maintenance or improvements.
- A formal report with photographs documenting the findings.
Please contact us to enroll in our Five Year Inspection Program or to request more information.