Live fire training is essential to the health and safety of your department and your community. You never know how a firefighter will react inside a burning building. The smoke and fumes generated by modern building materials can disorient even the most experienced firefighters. That’s why training in a safe and controlled live fire environment is essential for the safety of your firefighters and your community.
“Why Train” reviews the benefits of training and reinforces common training exercises, as well as offers several resources for more in-depth training practices and procedure guidelines.
The value of live fire training is difficult to calculate because it’s impossible to put a value on human life. Saving lives and avoiding injury are the reasons fire departments invest in Fire Facilities’ steel training towers. There is simply no substitute for live firefighting experience under safe, controlled conditions. Firefighting professionals agree that live fire training can:
- Reduce the number of injuries and deaths of firefighters and civilians
- Reduce property damage
- Increase fire department efficiency and morale
- Improve training capability of fire department
- Improve public image of the fire department
- Improve volunteer department recruitment and retention
- Contribute to a continuation of an effective volunteer fire service
- Reduce lost time injuries and compensation claims
- Reduce property loss and business interruption resulting from fire